Just how do I get hitched? – General Details About engaged and getting married
You can now get hitched for as long the criteria are met by them based on the Danish Act in the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage.
Regardless if you are engaged and getting married in Copenhagen, somewhere else in Denmark or abroad, you have to fill in and now have an application authorized.
The first it is possible to use is four months ahead of the date you want to get hitched.
If you’re to obtain married in an alternative town than your town of residence, or in a church or other spiritual community, you need to make an application for a so-called “prшvelsesattest”. If you’re to have hitched abroad you have to submit an application for an “жgteskabsattest”.
The applying form could be the exact same no matter what the document you make an application for, or you are becoming hitched at City Hall in Copenhagen.
An alteration in the Danish Marriage Law plus the Aliens Act has had influence on the 1 st of 2019 january. You can find out more about it while the application procedure under “Application details” below.
Right Here it is possible to learn about the alternative of a air that is open into the City of Copenhagen.
Right right Here you are able to find out about the likelihood of reserving a registrar to perform the marriage ceremony at time and put which you decide.
Find out more concerning the needs
An alteration in the Danish Marriage Law and Aliens Act has had influence on the first of 2019 january.
The alteration ensures that some applications for wedding should be processed by way of a main unit that is national by the Danish State management (Statsforvaltningen).
Partners whom must send their applications to your central nationwide product are couples where one or both events:
- are not Danish or Nordic https://bridesinukraine.com residents
- don’t have unlimited residence license in Denmark
- have never acquired a permanent residence appropriate for Denmark based on EU-Law.
The town of Copenhagen it’s still doing marriage ceremonies.
You need to deliver the application towards the municipality in Denmark what your location is registered (bopжlskommune) if you both meet the criteria that are following
- You may be Danish or Nordic residents
- You’ve got a permanent residence license for Denmark
- You’ve got obtained suitable for permanent residency in Denmark based on EU-Law.
You can read more about that on the site regarding the continuing State management by simply clicking this website website website link.
You’ll find out more under “Documentation Requirements” below.
You must fill in and send the notice of marriage form digitally if you are both registered as residents in Denmark, and have NemID.
Essential: study ” the best place to Apply” above, before delivering the application.
Aided by the application you have to deliver the after paperwork:
- Scan of the passport or national ID card if you should be maybe not just a Danish resident created in Denmark
- Scan of permanent residence permit, or evidence of straight to permanent residency in Denmark in line with the EU-rules, if you should be maybe not really a Danish or Nordic resident
- For those who have resided an additional nation than Denmark within modern times, we may require a certification of marital status from your own past nations of residence
In cases where a document is given an additional language than English, German or Danish, or is maybe perhaps not given by A nordic nation, it should be submitted in 2 versions: the initial, and a interpretation into either English, German or Danish. The interpretation needs to be done by way of a certified translator.
You must submit the following if you are a citizen in a Nordic country
- Intyg om vigsel
The papers are granted by Skatteverket, and must certanly be no more than four months when they are sent by you to us.
- Scan associated with the photo web page of one’s legitimate passport
The prшvingsattest is granted by Folkeregisteret, and needs to be no over the age of four months when you send out it to us.
Iceland and Finland
- Scan of this image web web page of the legitimate passport
The prшvelsesattest needs to be no more than four months whenever you send out it to us.
- Filled in notice of wedding form
- Filled in notice of wedding type
- Scan for the image web web web page of one’s legitimate passport
- Marriage ceremonies can be executed in English, German or Danish
- We can not guarantee you initially wish for, so please do not book travelling tickets until your wedding date has been confirmed by the Wedding Office that you will get married on the day
- Copenhagen City Hall will give you two witnesses however you are welcome to create your very own. There is no need to share with us about it until straight away ahead of the marriage service
- Exact exact Same intercourse marriages may possibly not be recognised far away
- You can find information here if you need to have your marriage certificate legalised
- You can easily just replace your title if you should be registered as being a resident in Denmark
- If you’ve been hitched abroad you are able to register your wedding in Denmark. You need to contact Folkeregisteret (people registration workplace) and suggest to them your wedding certification. It is possible to read more and discover contact information for Folkeregisteret right right here (in Danish).
E mail us
The marriage Office may be contacted via email Bryllup@kff.kk.dk.
You can write a secure mail via this link if you have NemID.
Opening hours for individual attendance
Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm
Phone hours for basic concerns
Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm
Telephone number (+45) 33 66 33 66
Phone hours for complex questions, including getting time for the wedding service
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10am to 12noon